Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Batch File Autorun at Startup  (Read 2222 times)

jjbtcp

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Batch File Autorun at Startup
    « on: February 27, 2007, 11:59:41 PM »
    I want a batch file that has the code in it below to automatically run at startup

shutdown -s -t 60

If someone knows how to make a batch run automatically at startup please reply with the code including how shutdown -s -t 60   would be entered into the code and where it would be entered.
    « Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 12:00:04 AM by jjbech »
    Regards,
                     Joshua

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
      • Yes
      • JSPCRepair
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Batch File Autorun at Startup
    « Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 12:34:25 AM »
    You can put the batch file in the startup folder, or you can open the registry editor by going to, start->run->type "regedit", then navigate to HKCU->Software->Microsoft->Windows->CurrentVersion->Run, finally make a new dword value(named anything you would like) referring to the location of the batch file. I don't understand why you would want to do this though, it is kind of pointless.
    Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

lordoftheplat

Hopeful

• teh god.
      « Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 01:15:26 AM »
      task schedule it?
      to everytime it boots?
      zepperblood.deviantart.com

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 01:54:45 AM »
      For help on how to use Task Scheduler, go to the following link and scroll to the last post.
      http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1172245470/3#3

Hope that helps

PS task scheduler seems more easier, lol
      « Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 01:55:21 AM by carbondudeoxide »

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
        • Yes
        • JSPCRepair
      « Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 01:31:50 PM »
      [highlight]You can put the batch file in the startup folder[/highlight], or you can open the registry editor by going to, start->run->type "regedit", then navigate to HKCU->Software->Microsoft->Windows->CurrentVersion->Run, finally make a new dword value(named anything you would like) referring to the location of the batch file. I don't understand why you would want to do this though, it is kind of pointless.

Actually this is easier, click start->programs->startup(right click, goto open), then just copy and paste.
      Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.