Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Networking WinXP & Win2K3  (Read 3206 times)

CameronY

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Networking WinXP & Win2K3
    « on: February 27, 2007, 03:57:53 AM »
    Hello all,

Have a Win2K3 server running DHCP/File Server.
    Two new XP laptops have been bought by the business, installed all the latest updates and using Norton's 2006 Internet Security (N2K6IS).
    We are having trouble in that other pc's/laptops in the domain can see the two new laptops but cannot connect to them.  And the two new laptops aren't able to see the other pc's/laptops in the network.

My networking skills are pretty poor and any help/suggestions/advise would be dearly appreciated.

GX1_Man

Re: Networking WinXP & Win2K3
    « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 04:07:51 AM »
    I'm going to move this to the Networking section where Rob can find you.  ;)

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 09:35:35 AM »
    This is almost certainly going to be a firewall problem.  You can verify this by disabling the Norton firewalls.  If you can connect, then we can move on to configuring the firewalls correctly.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

CameronY

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 04:03:17 PM »
      Thanks Rob.
      We have included one firewall rule on both laptops.
      To allow the IP range: 192.168.0.1 thru .0.11 (all pc's/laptops on the network).
      Will try what you've suggested at my earliest opportunity and let you know how things progress.