Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Outlook Prompt for Password although OK  (Read 2397 times)

sendsley

Microsoft Outlook Prompt for Password although OK
« on: February 16, 2007, 08:12:58 AM »
I'm using Outlook 2007 (this also happened on 2003) on a Windows XP Home system.  My system is connected to the Internet using cable modem going through a Belkin Pre-N router.

I have Outlook configured to check several pop3 email accounts every 11 minutes.

The Problem:
Several times a day, I'll check my machine and see that there's an Outlook window displayed asking for the password to one of my pop3 accounts with a check box to save the password.
These passwords are already saved and they work, for example, if I hit
cancel and the Send and Receive all of the accounts are checked successfully.  And they have worked many other times during the day
before this intermittent issue.

Now, this is a problem because, while this message box is open, Outlook will not Send / Receive any of my other accounts.  This poses a problem because my accounts can fill up if they aren't
checked by Outlook on a regular basis; not to mention I'm not getting business e-mails in a timely manner.

I realize this is ultimately my ISPs issue because they are kicking back an issue with the password falsely but Outlook should handle this better.

My question:
Is there a way to configure Outlook, such that if it fails to log into an account, simply ignore it and go on, and check it again as normal the next scheduled time (eg. 15 minutes later)?   Or any other solution to stop this pop-up box from essentially stopping Outlook from continuing to send/receive as it should?

mundesley

Re: Microsoft Outlook Prompt for Password although
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 10:08:35 AM »
I too have had this problem, although with only two accounts being checked. I am minded to think it could be one account trying to log on, whilst another has not fully completed it's send/receive operation and logged off.

I don't think what you ask is possible, but maybe a workaround could be to create another group, (I assume all your accounts are in one group) and move only the offending account into the new group. Then set them to check at , say, 9 minute and 11 minute intervals respectively.

I haven't tried this myself as my PC is not mission critical and I am happy to just check later, but I do understand your frustration at missing important business emails.