Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trouble with Google Toolbar  (Read 2203 times)

DazzleKitty1

Trouble with Google Toolbar
« on: February 16, 2007, 02:45:00 PM »
I am not sure if I have the right forum for this, so please feel free to move this or delete it if you need to.

My mom accidently installed Google Toolbar on my computer (and a bunch of other unneccessary Google programs).   I uninstalled them soon afterwards.  I think noticed something weird on my desktop. There was an empty Windows System files folder...I can't remember the name, but it was like 20%System20% something.   I am assuming myuninstalling of the Google stuff did this. There were some folders within the folder, but there were no actual files. I delete the folder and all is well. But, something else may have been the cause of it.

While I was deleting the Google stuff, I thought I'd try to uninstall the Dell My Way Search Assistant since I don't use it. But when I went to add/remove programs and tried to untinstall it, I got this message:
Error loading: C: PROGRA~1/MyWaySA/SrchAsDe/1.bin/desrcas.dll

So, what do you think the folder was from? Do you think it's anything to fret over (I get really paranoid about computer problems).  Also, about uninstalling the My Way Searchbar....is there a way to do that, or do other people get the same problem as me?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 02:45:19 PM by DazzleKitty1 »

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
    • Yes
    • JSPCRepair
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Trouble with Google Toolbar
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 03:04:04 PM »
Nah, I don't think that folder had anything significant in it. But, you might try ccleaner, to uninstall that "My Way Search Assistant".

8-)fffreak
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

DazzleKitty1

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 03:18:31 PM »
Thank you for the response! :)

I did run ccleaner a few weeks ago. I'll run it again.

But, doesn't that not able to load file error seem kinda iffy? Like, do you think there is something wrong with my windows files?
Sorry for all the questions!

EDIT: I just ran ccleaner and I still get that error that stops me from uninstalling My Way. Anyone know what I should do?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 03:22:53 PM by DazzleKitty1 »

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 03:36:36 PM »
You "ran" ccleaner, but did you use it's Uninstall feature, under Tools, to try uninstalling My Way Search Assistant"?

DazzleKitty1

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 06:29:45 PM »
Okay, I tried to run the uninstaller, and I got the same exact error message. Any other ideas?