Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MAX HARD DRIVE SIZE  (Read 1790 times)

TRUSS.ENG

MAX HARD DRIVE SIZE
« on: February 17, 2007, 06:03:30 PM »
I HAVE A DELL OPTIPLEX GX620 SMALL FORM FACTOR - PENT. 4 (3,000GHZ) - 40 GB HDD - 512 MEM (AM UPGRADING TO 4GB OF MEM-FULL CAPCACITY) - WANT TO UPGRADE HDD AS WELL AND HAVE LOOKED INTO 250GB TO 500GB - DELL CLAIMS THAT MY CHASIS WILL NOT SUPPORT A 500 GB HDD - HOWEVER THE ONES I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT FROM WESTERN DIGITAL (WHICH IS WHAT DELL SELLS) ARE THE SAME SIZE PHYSICALLY - SO IT APPEARS TO ME THAT IT WOULD FIT - ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT?

GX1_Man

Re: MAX HARD DRIVE SIZE
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 06:05:51 PM »
First, your Caps Lock key appears to be stuck. Fix that first.

I can't think of a reason Dell would lie to you. In the small form factors there is the issue of physical size, adequate cooling, and BIOS limitations. Perhaps they were referring to something other than just putting it in there?

What are you going to do with 4 gigs of RAM?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 06:07:01 PM by GX1_Man »

TRUSS.ENG

Re: MAX HARD DRIVE SIZE
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 06:13:12 PM »
They claim that my chasis would not support it - It is not a matter of whether or not Dell is lying to me  - My chasis is a small form factor and obviously could not support a hard drive meant for a tower application - But when i read the specs. on hard drives i have to consider the size due to the size of my case.