Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: When I start up my computer it locks up right awa  (Read 5276 times)

ayoder

When I start up my computer it locks up right awa
« on: February 17, 2007, 02:36:33 PM »
 When I start up my computer it locks up ,  if I try to use the reinstall windows disc it locks up. Is this a hardware problem? Can I install new hardware or do I have to take it someware to be repaired?

pcdoc4christ

Re:  When I start up my computer it locks up right
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 03:12:46 PM »
When the computer is starting keep pressing and releasing the F8 key.  When you see the boot menu, choose Safe Mode.  Then let us know if the PC still fails to respond when it starts in Safe Mode.

ayoder

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 03:06:56 PM »
 I tried the computer in safe mode it still locks up right away. I think it is a hardware problem! Does it sound like a hard drive problem or processor or what because I it locks up when I use the quick restore disc?

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 04:00:33 PM »
Do you have any new hardware that was not inside,or
connected to the computer when it was new?

Sometimes you need to put the computer back as it was
originally then use the restore disk.
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 05:57:59 AM »
What Street1 said.

8-)

uesquebeathus

Intermediate
    « Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 09:45:29 AM »
    check your fans are working CPU cooling fan and power supply extraction fan.
    Please give as much information regarding the Specification and components of your computer and a note about what you were doing when the problem arose and any other relevant thing that you think may help.