Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my computer aint workin  (Read 4686 times)

Eric Matthews

my computer aint workin
« on: October 10, 2004, 01:39:44 PM »
Im running xp home and have a copy of xp pro, some people have told me not to reinstall windows over windows, i just want to know if i will be able to retain all my files off of my c: and d: drives?. the whole reason for all of this is this error message that keeps coming up with "ndis.exe" and .tmp files not being "valid"?
any help asap would be greatly appreciated.

Raptor

Re: my computer aint workin
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 01:49:57 PM »
You can uninstall Windows XP by going to the Add/Remove software menu. However, it is advisable that you create backups before attempting to remove Windows XP.

I suggest you use your D Hard Disk Drive or Partion to store the files you wish to keep and completely format the C: drive.

If you only format the C: directory, your files on D: will remain there.

merlin_2

shield

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 08:16:01 PM »
doesnt xp have a repair option like 2K?

Eric Matthews

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 11:22:24 AM »
thanks merlin for the help! i managed to clean up my computer somewhat but my cpu usage is still blowing throught the roof?
some programs still remain unworking and my internet on my account still doesnt work and if it does work its slow as a one legged hooker with downs

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 11:27:57 AM »
I truly hope you've never been with a one legged hooker with downs.

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 12:57:00 PM »
you one legged hooker may still be suffering from a dose of the trojans  run this >http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/ and disconnect from the net and disable system restore before running it...