Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Software does not work after sp2  (Read 3198 times)

ricky1me

Software does not work after sp2
« on: October 10, 2004, 04:14:37 PM »
Hi, I allowed automatic updates to load sp2 and all seemed just fine and jim dandy.
Then I used Partition Majic to resize a partition and it failed. The next time I opened Partition Majic it said:

"Disk 1 appears to have partitions created using a different drive geometry. This serious problem can lead to data loss"

then recommends reformating your entire hd and restoring it.

Also, after having used Image for Dos 100% successfully for 2 months the next time I use it (put the floppy in the reader) it reads a bit and then just stops and does nothing.

Any tips or hints. Thanks much!

merlin_2

Re: Software does not work after sp2
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 04:27:33 PM »
It is the motherboard drivers, graphics adapter drivers, modem drivers, chipset drivers, and the like that make the situation prone to fail when restoring an image on one system that was created on another.

You need to keep things simple and clean. The software cannot do miracles and did you format and partition the hard drive...please dont use partiton magic..winxp can do it ...by using disk management....as stated in previous replys..