Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: External Hard Drive issue.  (Read 1999 times)

Princeyboyo

External Hard Drive issue.
« on: February 22, 2007, 10:59:20 PM »
Hello, i've been having a problem with one of my hard drives. This is a Seagate Barracuda 80 Gig.. I've bought a external hard drive enclosure so i can use my old hard drives with my new computer.

The problem seems to be is that when i try to copy or read anything off of my hard drive when it is in the enclosure, it doesn't seem to work. It keeps giving me a Cyclic Reduncey Check error. I've formated it a few times, but it still doesn't work.

I've tried this with my other hard drive which is a Maxtor D540x-4k and it works like a dream.

if anyone can help me out that would fantastic.. Thank you.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: External Hard Drive issue.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 12:31:44 PM »
The problem seems to be is that when i try to copy or read anything off of my hard drive when it is in the enclosure, it doesn't seem to work. It keeps giving me a Cyclic RedunceyRedundancy Check error. I've formated it a few times, but it still doesn't work.
I don't have an answer but I know a Google search on Cyclic Redundancy Check error yields plenty of material on the subject.