Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Photos won't display  (Read 3893 times)

aslater

Topic Starter

Beginner

• A little knowledge is a dangerous thing-that's me!
    Photos won't display
    « on: February 24, 2007, 09:24:04 PM »
    I'm having trouble with a slide show.  I check the code and narrowed it down to the pictures themselves.  The slide show that works is this:

http://www.slaterhome.com/2006/Nick/main.html

The one that won't work is this:

http://www.slaterhome.com/2006/brazil/main.html

The pictures are there, I even put another picture in the folder and it displayed, so the problem is with the picture, but what?  They're all .jpg just like all the others I have.  The pictures were taken with a digital camera, I think.  Are there two different codes for .jpg?  Thanks!

ASlater
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 09:24:59 PM by aslater »

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
      • Yes
      • JSPCRepair
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Photos won't display
    « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 09:39:58 PM »
    Well the pictures 1-5, 7, 13-42, 46, and 47 don't even exist. Your HTML and javascript are fine. My guess is you haven't uploaded them to the server yet. This is the link to the very first picture that would be displayed, >here<, as you can see for yourself, that they don't exist on the server. And this is a link to the first picture that you can see after clicking "Next Slide" 6 times, >here<. Some photos are there, others are not.

8-)fffreak
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 09:53:12 PM by fffreak »
    Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

aslater

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 09:55:55 PM »
      It's displaying the 1.jpg picture now, I uploaded it again (I had saved it as JPG and the code was jpg) :-[.  I had messed around with the pictures, putting them in different places in my computer.  But it's the only one, and yes, I checked, the pictures are there.  The missing pictures are just names, it should have no influence (picture 5, 7, etc.).  Thanks again for looking. :)
      ASlater

aslater

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 09:58:26 PM »
        I just looked, and realized what you're saying.  I never went past picture 2 because it wouldn't display 1, 2, 3, etc...  Anyway, I'll upload the specific pictures again, maybe that's all I need to do. :P

aslater

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 10:03:53 PM »
          I REALLY feel stupid now.  All the pictures that aren't displaying are named JPG, and the code is jpg.  DUMB DUMB DUMB.  Thank you for taking a look, though, now I can fix it.  I honestly don't know how that happened, I never use capitals - only to curse at myself. :-[

ASlater

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
            • Yes
            • JSPCRepair
          • Certifications: List
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 10:06:26 PM »
          I see, yes that does matter if the extension is .JPG or .jpg. And yes the pictures do not exist under the filenames in the source code.

8-)fffreak
          Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

aslater

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 10:56:39 PM »
            Thanks, fffreak.  I just feel sooo stupid.  I even figured out how it happened - transfering the files to the web folder and changing them intead of opening from one folder, changing and then saving as to a different folder.  Too many steps!  And photoshop doesn't distinguish JPG or jpg, it'll open both and you can't see how it's saved, only my FTP program shows.  Again, thanks.
            ASlater :)