Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Flash-based interactive site.  Need assistance.  (Read 3175 times)

rockerest

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Flash-based interactive site.  Need assistance.
« on: February 25, 2007, 12:32:01 AM »
Basically, I know very little Flash.  I recently began talks with a client who wants a very interactive website.  I figured that the best way to do something like that was Flash, but I don't know ANY ActionScript, and I know very little about the program otherwise.

Are there any good links to flash tutorials that are web-oriented, rather than presentation-oriented (etc.)?

Basically, I need to know how to do a lot of interaction with the mouse.

Basic Overview of site:
1)Image
2)Image breaks (explodes) into a few pieces when user mouses over the flash video
3)The pieces contain words
4)User mouses over word, it highlights, and user clicks word/image piece
5)Menu with multiple selections pops up (or fades in) and the user selects one.
6)The selection is stored and displayed on the correct image piece.
7)The user continues to do this until all of the pieces have been selected.
8)The image is "fixed" with the User's selections.

That's about it.

Also, my client wants (if possible) to have the cursor be a plastering/stucco...ing trowel, and for page changes (like when the menus come up) to be an image sweep (a trowel sweeps across the screen, ushering in the next screen behind it)

Anyone know of a tutorial or help that is geared toward these kinds of things?

I understand that none of you want to write (and you WON'T) an application this large, but does anyone have any pointers?  What are the ActionScript 2.0 functions I need to learn most urgently?

-rock
In general, the PEBKAC.  Whether it's now or was three weeks ago, the PEBKAC.
Unsafe browsing and general computer / internet illiteracy IS the users problem.  Don't have sex if you don't know how to use a condom.
Also, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

rockerest

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Flash-based interactive site.  Need assistance
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 03:35:49 PM »
Bumpity Bump.
In general, the PEBKAC.  Whether it's now or was three weeks ago, the PEBKAC.
Unsafe browsing and general computer / internet illiteracy IS the users problem.  Don't have sex if you don't know how to use a condom.
Also, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.