Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: batch file  (Read 2152 times)

freedom1st

batch file
« on: March 02, 2007, 08:48:25 AM »
Hi All. I am new to this forum. I have a question about a batch file that I have made to open a microsoft access database. This particular database has security so I was unable to use the conventional short cut method, that is why I went with a batch file. It seems to work the way I've written it except for when it opens access, I get the little box that asks if you want to open an existing or new database. I then just have to hit escape and it goes to my database. The question is, can I make the batch file execute the escape command so I don't have to physically type it in? Below is what the files looks like.

Start MSACCESS.EXE /wrkgrp "C:\Program Files\jobboss\jobboss.mdw" /user xxxx /pwd xxxx

start \\server\jbudrpt.mdb

The first part opens access, the second picks the database. Just need to insert the escape command inbetween. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks :)

jjbtcp

Beginner
    Re: batch file
    « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 06:07:12 PM »
    i cant help you but, i advise you put this in the ms-dos forum, it'll do no good here. make sure you read what forum you are putting a thread into before you post it.
    Regards,
                     Joshua