Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: helpmicrosoft recoverd from serious error/symantec  (Read 2725 times)

james_mason

helpmicrosoft recoverd from serious error/symantec
« on: February 28, 2007, 01:09:34 PM »
a few days ago i ran pc angle and reset factory settings on my pc for a fresh start .
system microsoft windows xp
home edition
version 2002
service pack 2

manufactured by advent
 intel[R]
pentium[R] 4 CPU 2.93GHz
2.93GHz, 0.99GB of RAM
physical address extention

i tryed using booting fom cd /my recovery disc i was told to make when i first used advent pc but it would not run it said there was a error with the pc format? so i let pc angEL format and install ractory settings from c:drive
then i got problems with it not letting me log in because it could not verify windows xp ,got passed that cant remember how and all seemed fine till the next morrning i got  microsoft has recoverd from a serious error , i sent the report and got this report

Run the Symantec (symtdi.sys) tool to fix this problem

This problem was caused by Symantec (symtdi.sys). Symantec (symtdi.sys) was created by Symantec Corporation.

Solution

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To solve this problem, you will need to run the automatic update tool that comes with Symantec (symtdi.sys). To learn how to use the tool, go to the Symantec Corporation website.

i did as it said and then ran the liveup date for norton but to day i have had  the same error of microsoft .

??????????????????????????
reply will be thanked   :-?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 02:42:03 PM by james_mason »

GX1_Man

Re: helpmicrosoft recoverd from serious error/syma
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 04:05:37 PM »
Didn't you just post elsewhere on the virtues of PC Angel?

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1172274436

james_mason

Re: helpmicrosoft recoverd from serious error/syma
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 12:02:25 PM »
yes i have never had any problems with PC ANGEL and i dont think my current problem is to do with this recovery program but im not a expert

http://www.pcangelle.com/WW70AWP/WW70AWP.EXE/CTX_1404-0-ocXmJzLJBW/pcale_welcome/SYNC_1269623640                                

thankyou