Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WinDVD 7 Error  (Read 2413 times)

stevengerrard

WinDVD 7 Error
« on: February 26, 2007, 04:24:15 PM »
Hello, when I try to play a DVD using WinDVD player, an error message comes up that says "Cannot Create Overlay". I went on their support site and it says to lower resolution to 800x600 and use high color (65 thousand). I have done both but I still get the same problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

GX1_Man

Re: WinDVD 7 Error
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 03:56:32 AM »
If this is a legit CD, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the  software. That is always a good first step. Some ideas about your equipment would be helpful as well.  ;)

stevengerrard

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 02:29:50 PM »
If this is a legit CD, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the  software. That is always a good first step. Some ideas about your equipment would be helpful as well.  ;)

It is 100% legit. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have also gone to their website to download the newer version (free trial) and the same thing happens with the newer one.

Also, what do you want to know about my equipment?

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 07:00:14 PM »
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cannot+create+overlay+windvd

Their support site indicates that is one of the top 5 problems, per their FAQ posting.

What video card? Is it an updated driver? From where? Did it ever work correctly? O/S? Service pack? Stuff like that.  ;)

stevengerrard

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 08:33:28 PM »
Problem solved: I reinstalled my video driver and it worked. Thanks to everyone that helped.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 08:33:51 PM by stevengerrard »

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 03:31:09 AM »
You're welcome and stop by anytime.  ;)