Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Capslock W and E- Error noises and no input  (Read 2143 times)

Jaegan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Capslock W and E- Error noises and no input
    « on: March 04, 2007, 05:20:57 PM »
    I was doing some scripting in AutoHotKey, and discovered than in my script when I held down Capslock W and E, I got a weird beeping sound. I canceled out of my scripting to see what would happen normally if i pressed the three buttons. The result was the same strange repeated error beeping.

Other interesting notes about this problem.

1. This also happens if you hold down q and w at the same time. After some testing, it appears that these are the only two sets of keys

2. While capslock and E are held down, E will continue to be fired, but if you press W it will not fire, and E will temporarily stop firing. If you release W and E and press E again, it will continue to fire as normal.

So what the heck is this? It might sound weird, but I do actually do things that require me to press this button combination quite frequently. Any idea what the source of the problem is and how to solve it?

Note: You don't need to be in any program to test this out. Just hold down capslock W and E and hear it for yourself!

-Jaegan

rockerest

Hopeful
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Capslock W and E- Error noises and no input
    « Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 08:07:03 PM »
    Didn't happen to me.

How old is your keyboard?  Some only allow two keys to be pressed simultaneously.

-rock
    In general, the PEBKAC.  Whether it's now or was three weeks ago, the PEBKAC.
    Unsafe browsing and general computer / internet illiteracy IS the users problem.  Don't have sex if you don't know how to use a condom.
    Also, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.