Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: which IE best suits for which os?  (Read 4000 times)

searcher

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Do good and have good!
    which IE best suits for which os?
    « on: February 20, 2007, 09:27:46 AM »
    anyone have answer to this.and i have heard that Mozila firefox is better than internet explorer is it true,if it so ,why is that :-?
    how can we completely delete the data stored in our pc.let me know which option should be check to clear the data after work.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: which IE best suits for which os?
      « Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 10:54:06 AM »
      searcher.....
      anyone have answer to this.and i have heard that Mozila firefox is better than internet explorer is it true,if it so ,why is that  
      Not to evade your question , but I have IE6 on one machine, IE7 on another and Firefox on a third...... and you know what ....All three work just fine. Are there any specific features that you are looking for ? ( note, you will require IE to do your M/S auto updates )

how can we completely delete the data stored in our pc.let me know which option should be check to clear the data after work.

Please clarify if you want to Format the hard drive ( wipe out everything ) or or you talking about "covering your tracks" after being online ?

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

searcher

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Do good and have good!
        « Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 07:23:52 AM »
        Right thanks, but i meant to ask that which IE best suits for which os. or it doesnt matter either which IE you would like to have on you machine irespective of whatever operating system is running on your machine.
        yes,i am talking abt "covering tracks" after being online.

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 11:14:01 AM »
        IE7 requires Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1). Obviously, Windows XP Service Pack 2 users can use either IE6 or IE7.  

As far as covering your tracks, you can do this with any of the three browsers mentioned here.  I think it's just a matter of knowing how to do it with your particular browser.  I haven't used IE6 much for awhile so I'm not sure that it's as secure in this respect as IE7 and Firefox.  

In IE7, the first item on the Tools menu is Delete Browsing History. Right now I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.9.  On the Tools menu is the option to Clear Private Data.

searcher

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Do good and have good!
          « Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 09:36:31 AM »
          Thanks for the information :)

txnovotny

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 01:00:01 PM »
          You may also want to clean the index.dat files off your hard drive. These are hidden files that contain the history of the web sites you have visited. You can see them by downloding "index.dat scanner" (free) at [em-tnt.com]. You can clean them (free) by downloading [clean cache 3.0]. Click on the Internet Explorer tab and put a check by the files under 'index.dat file selection'

I believe your Internet Provider can also keep a record of sites you visit.

searcher

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Do good and have good!
            « Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 10:19:50 AM »
            o thanks i didnt know abt index.dat files hidden in hard disk ;D thanks for the details.
            i thought just by clicking on these tabs in internet properties,it would work.
            In general tab click on
            delete cookies,delete files,in setting tab(delete items from the tabs,view files and view objects).clear history.
            content
            clear SSL state,AutoComplete(clear forms,clear passwords)

pomme8916

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 05:49:54 PM »
            Opera = Mac

IE = Windows

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 11:55:07 AM »
            Opera = Mac

IE = Windows

HuH ? ? ?
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "