Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dell inpiron 9300  (Read 2408 times)

gkozijn

Dell inpiron 9300
« on: March 06, 2007, 10:41:48 AM »
For some reason since I formated my HD and reinstalled all of the factory programes there is one thing that I can't seem to get working and because my warranty is up Dell they won't help unless I pay, so hopefully someone can help.

When I open up web pages with internet explorer or open office or if I open up any of my excel pages any of the background colors they may have show up white.  I do know these colors are there because if I open these same excel pages on another computers they are there.

I have gone onto dell's web page and redownloaded all the drivers and programes and reinstalled them but this hasn't worked either.  

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give me.  It sure would be nice to have some color back

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Dell inpiron 9300
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 03:39:21 PM »
Could you start by posting a screenshot of a web page, as an example?
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 11:09:37 PM »
We have done this in the last month. Did you do a search on the forum? Here is one. Does it describe the problem?

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1173237726/0#0

gkozijn

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 08:33:05 AM »
GX1_Man, The pics of your screen do look like mine did.

Since in the 4 different forums that I had posted this question knowbody seemed to be able to help, probably some pics attached to my question might of helped, I decided that I would formatt my hard drive and reinstall everything one more time and hope that this would work which it did and ALL of my colors are back.  It is amazing how much color there is on web pages!!!

Hopefully someone will come back with a fix for you since you posted some pics.