Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ACPI multiprocessor PC installation error  (Read 2961 times)

TombRaiderBC

ACPI multiprocessor PC installation error
« on: March 06, 2007, 11:55:02 AM »
I just inherited a used hp pavillion s7530 slimline.  Running XP SP2, pentium M, 1.7ghz, 1028 RAM.  I did a system restore to reset everything to factory (seemed like a good idea... maybe not.)  But I've got two problems:

1)  I'm getting an error on startup:

- First I get a warning that the software installation for ACPI multiprocessor PC is not logo verified.  I click the DO NOT INSTALL button, since I made the fatal error of clicking the other button on another PC years ago.

- Then I get a Hardware Wizard message that the ACPI multiprocessor PC cannot be installed. "No Signature was present in the Subject."  After which, the system continues to boot normally.

2)  Light-Scribe dvd-labeler software won't open.  

- When I try to open the program I get an error:  QtGui4.dll was not found, try re-installing the application.

Other than that, the PC seems to be working just fine.  I've tested much of the software and hardware... everything I'd normally use anyway, and have found no other problems.  I don't know if the problems are related.  Feel free to address either or both in your responses.  Thank you.

:)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 11:58:17 AM by TombRaiderBC »

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: ACPI multiprocessor PC installation error
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 12:03:56 PM »
You should've let the ACPI one install.
And have you tried reinstalling the Lightscribe software?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: ACPI multiprocessor PC installation error
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 12:46:09 PM »
I would travel to HP's site and dload and install the appropiate MBoard drivers for that machine.
These are needed for that machine to run properly...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "