Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Activate.MSI  (Read 3111 times)

Earwigo

Activate.MSI
« on: March 06, 2007, 12:54:33 PM »
When I switch on my computer (running XP SP2 Professional), a window opens saying 'Windows Installer preparing to install'. Then it says: 'Please wait while windows configures Sonic Activation Module. Insert the disc and click OK'. After this it says: 'Try to find the package Activate.MSI in a folder from which you can install the product Sonic Activation Module'. I click to cancel, but the window repeatedly re-appears. After about ten cancellations it eventually stops and the machine works normally from then on. I looked at Roxio's Knowledgebase site, where it gives three methods of getting rid of this problem, but none of them have worked. There is a so-called hotfix which has no effect, and doing a clean uninstall caused the machine to crash, needing a safe mode start and system restore to get things going normally again. I also tried uninstalling Sonic MyDVD, but that didn't help either.
Please can anyone help me?
Many thanks,
Stuart.
 >:(

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Activate.MSI
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 01:05:17 PM »
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 01:05:56 PM by patio »
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Earwigo

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 08:05:10 AM »
 ;D  Many, many thanks!! I downloaded the software and it has worked!!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 08:23:07 AM »
Your Welcome. Stop by anytime...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "