Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CMOS Battery  (Read 2308 times)

socks

CMOS Battery
« on: March 06, 2007, 04:30:11 PM »
Does Anyone Knows Where is Located The CMOS Battery on Toshiba Qosimo G10 Laptop?

I opened my laptop and tring to find it ..but with no Success...Pls Help

Thank You

GX1_Man

Re: CMOS Battery
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 05:34:54 PM »
Why are you trying to find such a thing on a laptop? Does it involve a lost password by chance?

socks

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 06:33:46 PM »
NO...I just need to find that battery...The computer doesn't start anymore after a power failure...and to my other laptop I've done that and now everything is ok...but on this one I cannot find the CMOS battery...

Anyway for this type of laptop the Bios Password is stored in a flash memory somwhere and you cannot reset it... :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 06:34:59 PM by socks »

socks

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 07:25:34 PM »
I've found the CMOS battery...It's under Laptop Mouse Touch connected through 2 wires (red, black) to the motherboard...In fact is like a pack of small batteries ...all into a Green Pack...:)....but the Laptop is not working...I hope I will manage to repair it:)

Thank You...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 07:27:22 PM by socks »

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 10:05:04 AM »
NO...I just need to find that battery...The computer doesn't start anymore after a power failure...and to my other laptop I've done that and now everything is ok...but on this one I cannot find the CMOS battery...

Anyway for this type of laptop the Bios Password is stored in a flash memory somwhere and you cannot reset it... :)

This is the number one reason people want to find an internal battery on a laptop, and of fcourse this does not work, as you know.

Good luck with the surgery.

socks

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 03:23:21 PM »

This is the number one reason people want to find an internal battery on a laptop, and of fcourse this does not work, as you know.

Good luck with the surgery.

It was working for the other Laptop ...and in the past for a Desktop...but it seems that for the Toshiba one is not working...It is something else...I'll see what Error I can find...