Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Excel help regarding formulas from sheet to sheet  (Read 2027 times)

Maryts

Excel help regarding formulas from sheet to sheet
« on: March 07, 2007, 04:31:29 PM »
[timestamp=1173309904] :-?

I have an excel spreadsheet that has about 30 sheets. I have separate accounts on each sheet but often need to see the running balance of each individual sheet. I would like to take the formula from sheet 2, 3, 4 etc and have it show up in sheet 1. This is what I tried:
I want the total amount on sheet 2 in cell E13 to show up on sheet 1 in cell D1. And whenever I make changes to the totals on sheet 2, cell E13, I would like the new total to automatically show up on sheet 1, cell D1. I went to sheet 1, cell D1 and entered =2!E13 and hit enter and another window popped up browsing my files. I'm totally lost as to how to do this.

Help???

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Excel help regarding formulas from sheet to sh
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 08:10:23 PM »
The formula in cell D1 on Sheet1 should be =Sheet2!E13.  One way to enter such formulas is as follows: Click cell D1 on Sheet1 to select it.  Hit the = sign.  Now, click on the Sheet2 tab and then on cell E13 on Sheet2, and then hit Enter.