Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Random Crashes?  (Read 4974 times)

BryanAU

Random Crashes?
« on: March 09, 2007, 07:34:22 PM »
Before the PC was detecting arrays, after coming back from college after a week it loads up now but randomly crashes and i get the "blue screen of death". Anyopne know how i can fix this?

GX1_Man

Re: Random Crashes?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 08:14:01 PM »
Not without any more information than this.

BryanAU

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 05:32:56 PM »
What other information do you need?

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 06:17:06 PM »
For one thing, please let us know what flavor of windows you are using: Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows XP, Windows Vista.  For another thing, please let us know what error code is displayed on the Blue Screen of Death (specifically, what numbers appear after the word STOP)?

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 06:20:33 PM »
It would also be helpful to know what happened to the PC while it was away at college?  Did someone install a lot of free software?  Did someone add a new video card?  Did someone leave it in the shower or throw it out the dorm window?

BryanAU

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 08:27:33 PM »
no no i didnt take it to college it was in my room while i was gone. i built the pc myself the video card has not been altered. first it was missing files then i fixed that with the repair selection on Windows XP then it was detecting arrays and that fixed itself...then it started freezing randomly and show9ing the blue screen with that error

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 08:47:24 AM »
You still did not tell us what the error says.  What is the Stop error code number?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 07:02:30 PM »

" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Jp

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 07:22:24 PM »
[size=16]RANDOM [/size]

WHERE DID U-GO    :-?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 07:28:31 PM by Jp »