Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: COOD1198  (Read 7134 times)

mbrooker

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    COOD1198
    « on: January 24, 2007, 12:14:23 AM »
    How do I fix the error code, "COOD1198"? I have searched far and wide. I find MANY people asking the same question, I find NO answers. The microsoft site is worthless. Basic info: I'm running WindowsXP Home, Broadband, 83% free space, Windows Media Player 11. Everyday I run Spy-Bot, Adaware, and CCleaner. I run the windows firewall only. Macafee Virus runs constantly.

Here's what happens, (No AOL jokes please, I canceled my premium service, but that's NOT the problem, it happened before I canceled ) This is a Windows Media thing. I like to watch the old TV shows that AOL has in their "HQ2TV" feature. I'll be watching an episode with no problems what-so-ever, then suddenly, and always after a commercial, I get this "COOD1198 Error": Please contact, www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/.

Well Folk's, Taint nuthin' there that helps. The show is over and I'm at a loss. Please help. I'm willing to offer an IOU for any dollar amount you specify, and keep in mind, my IOU's are good for the rest of your life!!

I sincerely appreciate any help anyone can give me....                                 MikeB

Your direct response to my email is more than welcome: [email protected]
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 12:25:46 AM by mbrooker »

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: COOD1198
    « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 09:14:17 AM »
    Posting your email address is a sure way to get spam.
    Try reinstalling WMP11, and get the latest updates.
    Not much info on the web about this, all people posting with problems similar to yours and no responses to help them.

mbrooker

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 01:28:48 PM »
      Thank's Calum,
      I actually DID reload the player after the second time this happened. Still no luck. You ran into the same problem I did. Everyone is asking, but no one has an answer. I'll keep plugging away. If I receive a solution that works, I'll post it here.

Thank's again!                                                                              MB

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 01:29:49 PM »
      OK.
      Hopefully someone will find a solution.
      Anyone else here have any ideas?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 01:53:52 PM »
         mbrooker.......  I have just spent the last 45 minutes trying to get that error message to come up in WMP 11  ...... and I can't . Could you please give me a link to where you are when you encounter this issue.

dl65  ::)
        If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

mbrooker

Topic Starter

Rookie
        • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
          « Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 12:28:59 AM »
          Thanks much for the response, dl65. I haven't been back here for the past few days. Ironically, the reason I AM back here is I just this past 2 minutes received the COOD1198 error message. It was on an AOL news clip. Most of the time they work fine, dl. (first names ok?) For a while, AOL's HQ2 video's work fine. Here's what I've learned from the "experts" in the past 5 days.

Nothing. I spent nearly 10 minutes, live, with the Tech Geeks Show, on WGN radio in Chicago, the biggest radio station in the USA. Their panel of experts immediately knew that it was a Windows Media issue simply by the code number. However, I only see it occur on AOL. WGN opened up the phone lines to caller's and with one exception, ALL of the other callers had the same problem. The one caller that offered a possible solution suggested that, perhaps, the video cache was inadequate, or overloaded.  I KNEW he must be right. It just made sense. Guess what, dl? That wasn't it.

I have spoken to live human beings at AOL. I have spoken to live human beings at Microsoft. The suggested solutions have run from, "reload WindowsMediaPlayer11", (I did. Twice) To "reload WindowsXP". I did that once. Reload AOL. Done.  

I'm done. Someone at Microsoft had to WRITE the WindowsMedia Error codes, dl. Yet nobody there knows what it is. Even the WGN geeks were amazed that they couldn't find anything but questions when they did the web search. I won't give up, dl...

Thanks for hearing me out. Only the very best to you and your's......   Mike

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
          « Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 01:25:24 AM »
          Here is a list of wmp9 error codes, no doubt they are still valid for wmp11

Good luck
          One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

mbrooker

Topic Starter

Rookie
          • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
            « Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 10:58:15 PM »
            Thank's for taking the time, Dusty. However, the list of errors you sent didn't attach for some reason. I'll try to locate them myself based on your advice. WindowsMedia9.

This has become not only a problem and a mystery to be solved, Dusty, it directly affects my fragile ego. I am, by no stretch of the imagination, a technical wiz on a computer. I don't know the guts, or the get-around inside the brains of my computer. But I'm in demand among many for FINDING the difficult answers online. If I don't solve this one, I'll be forever tarnished, insecure, and through no fault of my own, mean to puppies.

I'll keep searching, Dusty. If you want to resend the list, I'd appreciate it. Actually, either way I appreciate the fact that you responded...Only the best to you and yours!  

Mike

mbrooker

Topic Starter

Rookie
            • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
              « Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 11:27:51 PM »
              DUSTY!! Ignore my last message! When I tuned in to your message originally, "HERE", was not highlighted. (Unless I didn't see it, which is more than likely.) I can't thank you enough. I'm going to forward the info to WGN radio in Chicago, as I promised them. (Steve & Johnnie Show, AM720 11:00pm-Central. Computer Night every Wed.) I'm going to take full credit, and collect the million dollar prize for myself. Or, more likely,...

I'm going to give you the credit. Do you mind? I only know you as Dusty, so that's what I'll give them, along with another plug for ComputerHope, which has been absolutely wonderful.  I don't want to give you away without your permission. Let me know...

And Thank's again, Dusty! (Um..there isn't really a million dollar prize. You'd be lucky to get a hat)

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
              « Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 11:41:29 PM »
              With my very limited knowledge it's heartening to know that I've managed to help.   I await your post to say the million dollars is ready for collection,  I've got enough hats.

You can give my name as you wish and I'm sure the plug for CH will be appreciated.

Thanks for coming back at us with your outcome.

BTW is the WGN Chicago show streamed :-?

D

« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 11:43:20 PM by Dusty »
              One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

mbrooker

Topic Starter

Rookie
              • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
                « Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 12:02:36 AM »
                Yes, Dusty. It's actually, if I'm not mistaken, the second largest market in the world. I may be wrong. It may be first. The stream.. WGNradio.com. The computer show is going on as I type this.. Thank's again, friend! Keep in touch, Dusty!