Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No sound for VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller  (Read 3915 times)

Neil

Topic Starter

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    No sound for VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller
    « on: March 12, 2007, 04:12:09 PM »
    Hello. My friend's computer had a graphics problem of some kind and a person was called to fix it. He fixed the problem but now the computer has no sound. We have no idea percisely what this person did (probably reinstall the graphics cards for too much money, and break sound just for fun). Unfortunately it's not possible to find out what he did to the computer.

We've tried looking for and downloading drivers but with no success. The original drivers for the computer are long lost. I've included an Everest report of the computer. Thanks.

(Also why is .txt not an allowed attachment type.)

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: No sound for VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controll
    « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 04:47:40 PM »
    Below is the only one I found,requires registration.  ;D

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=130189
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Neil

Topic Starter

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      « Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 08:28:10 PM »
      Cheers. I'll get her to try it as soon as possible. The site says it is for Win 2000 but she has only Windows ME. I'm not sure if this will cause a problem.

Saviour

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 04:02:37 PM »
      Can you supply us with the make and model of the computer as well??

The sound driver you are looking for may be able to be found on the computer manufacturer's web site.  It's onboard sound...correct?  As opposed to a sound card?
      « Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 04:04:18 PM by Saviour »

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 05:53:48 PM »
      Since it's an onboard sound card, try downloading the drivers from the mainboard manufactuer's webpage. Or try drivers directly from the AC'97 website. Or just put in a real soundcard and save yourself a lot of trouble. AC'97 junk..