Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ares Ultra not connecting.  (Read 3816 times)

Rebecca_860

Ares Ultra not connecting.
« on: March 13, 2007, 07:43:50 AM »
I recently upgraded to Windows XP. I had a free version of Ares previous to that, but when I went to install it again I had to pay for it (which I did). Since downloading the new Ares Ultra it will not connect. (Before this, I have never had a problem with Ares and have really enjoyed the program) I'm having no problems with any other program on my computer except Ares Ultra. I emailed them for help and they told me to allow an exception in my firewall. tried that, didn't work. I went a step beyond and disabled my firewall as well as Norton. Still didn't work. I sent them another email and have yet to get a reply. I went the honest route and paid for the program, have I been swindled by paying for something I'll never actually get or do I have a legitimate problem? Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
Miss Behaven

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
    Re: Ares Ultra not connecting.
    « Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 08:38:47 AM »
    like was stated in your other postits free they just want you to pay for the upgraded version which you dont need to. its still illegal to download games and music that way since your not paying for them you just paid for the program. as for the connecting you problaly need to port forward... look on their website for the port the program uses and then look up on google how to port forward.

[highlight]JUST BE WARNED IF YOU DOWNLOAD STUFF ILLEGALLY YOU CAN RISK INFECTING YOUR COMPUTER WITH NASTY VIRUSES TROJANS ETC.[/highlight][/u]

unlovedwarrior
    « Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 08:39:19 AM by unlovedwarrior »

Rebecca_860

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 09:37:41 AM »
    Unlovedwarrior
    Thank you so much for replying. I thought that by paying for the program I would be getting music legally, so much for that thought. I guess I just wasted my money. Thanks for the port forward advice, but I won't need it, now that I know it's still illegal.
    btw, do you (or anyone else) know of a really good place I can get music. There are so many out there and I want to stay away from spyware etc. Ares was supposed to be spyware free.
    Thanks again
    Miss Behaven

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
      « Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 09:48:57 AM »
      the program might not have any spyware itself but the stuff you download might contain the infection. also if you do dl illegally then i would scan the files before you open them.

Itunes it 100% infection free

Rebecca_860

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 10:02:33 AM »
      Oh, I see how it works now. Thanks again, I'll check out the Itunes website.