Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: monit. grid pattern even when cpu is off  (Read 2678 times)

djthom5101

monit. grid pattern even when cpu is off
« on: March 14, 2007, 12:40:22 PM »
I have an AccuSync 70 monitor. It has a grid pattern (the grids are about 1 inch square) on the whole monitor. The grid pattern stays there even when I start the CPU. it also stays there when i turn the monitor on when the cpu is off. when the cpu is off the grid pattern goes from light blue on most of the screen to black on most of the screen every 3 or 4 seconds. Whatever the color the grids are always there. when i start the cpu the grid pattern alternates between green and black. but doesnt go away. what the *censored* is this? im using an older 1 ghz computer with an amd athlon processor, running xp pro, the hard drive on the computer was replaced about 3 years ago. thank you

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: monit. grid pattern even when cpu is off
    « Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 01:15:40 PM »
    When did the start happening / have you tried another monitor in its place?

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

djthom5101

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 04:55:34 PM »
    it's happened periodically over quite some time, but normally i would just turn off the computer, reboot and it would go away. now it won't go away and ive rebooted many times. have not tried a different monitor. just yesterday i saw the windows startup screen on this same monitor but the computer never finished it's startup and then got stuck in this grid pattern. i've already unplugged the monitor for several minutes and plugged back in...

uesquebeathus

Intermediate
      Please give as much information regarding the Specification and components of your computer and a note about what you were doing when the problem arose and any other relevant thing that you think may help.

uesquebeathus

Intermediate
        « Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 11:41:18 AM »
        original NEC Drivers are from here:-

http://www.necdisplay.com/support/main.cfm?thePage=http://www.necdisplay.com/support/css/signedinf/files2.htm&title=Display%20Device%20Drivers

from there you can also access the problem solving troubleshooting section of the web site
        Please give as much information regarding the Specification and components of your computer and a note about what you were doing when the problem arose and any other relevant thing that you think may help.