Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I can not ping my computer, my IP address is gone  (Read 2968 times)

swainie

I can not ping my computer, my IP address is gone
« on: March 15, 2007, 10:06:09 AM »
I had bought a new sound card for my PC, and when it was installed, it did not work. The person who installed it messed everything up, and now I cannot connect to the internet. I received an error message to contact my ISP, and when I did, they had me do an IPCONFIG. I went to start, run, typed in cmd, then the screen came up, and I entered ipconfig, and nothing happenned. The tech guy said my drivers for my NIC card had been removed. I connect to the internet through a cable modem. I now have no way to access the internet from that PC, and I need to know if there is any way I can get the drivers, or the adaptor as the error message below says I no longer have , back?? I have been using the pc for about 2 years now, and have always connected with AOL Broadband. The machine was fine yesterday, after the incident with the sound card, and all the sudden went down. I have tried SEVERAL times to do a system restore to go back to 3/12/07, and it will not let me. I get the message that we have new hardware installed, SM Bus Controller............I am not sure what that is, or how to remove it.

I have an emachines pc - MFG - Gateway
AMD Sempron 3000+ , MMX , 3D NOW processor
512MB RAM
WINDOWS XP - SP2
MS Office

ERROR I RECEIVE WHEN TRYING TO CONNECT TO INTERNET WITH AOL BROADBAND:

ERROR AC - 3001; err 0X84100118
TCP/IP Connection - NO IP ADAPTOR
OS WINXP-SP2; ACS 4.7.6.4

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Swainie
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 10:21:46 AM by swainie »

uesquebeathus

Intermediate
    Re: I can not ping my computer, my IP address is g
    « Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 11:03:44 AM »
    is it possible that the network cable has been disconnected and not put back?
    this would give you the same sort of results as you are getting.
    have you looked into the control panel/ network connections/  in there you should be able to see " Local Area Connection " and then beside that a name of the network card or chip if it is an onboard type like :- Realtek , Netgear , Linksys , SMC .

" Local Area Connection " does this show a disconnected note beside it?
    the drivers for the network card are on the support disc from eMachines but it might require a re installation depending how the disc is set to work.
    Please give as much information regarding the Specification and components of your computer and a note about what you were doing when the problem arose and any other relevant thing that you think may help.

swainie

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 12:25:50 PM »
    I have checked everything on the pc. The ethernet port is an on board thing, and there is a green light light up next to it. I believe the person who was trying to "install" my NEW sound card, deleted my drivers. I do not have any discs for the pc..............is there any way to get the drivers back with out the discs? The model is a W3050................

Thanks,

Swainie

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 04:38:31 PM »
      Get the model of motherboard / borrow a friends Internet connection / download the drivers / install.

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!