Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Losing internet connectivity with SP2  (Read 2350 times)

Blookah

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Don't Stop Believin'!!
    Losing internet connectivity with SP2
    « on: March 16, 2007, 03:03:27 PM »
    I posted this problem to the networking forum and never received a response. Hopefully your forum can help. Microsoft automatically installed Service Pack 2 after I had reformatted my system. I run XP Home and after SP2 was installed my ability to connect to the net was lost. I reloaded drivers, checked Device Manager and everything said working fine as far as my network adapters go but still no connection. There is no hardware or virus problem. I could connect prior to SP2 and now I have had to reformat my drive again and I can connect now, but without SP2 I can't use Media Player 11 and SP2 supports my USB Controller which I currently don't have because I don't want to replicate this problem. Questions: What might cause this?, Can I get a USB Controller w/o SP2? or What other options and/or solutions are there?
    Thank you in advance for your help
    BG
    Thank you,
    Blookah

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Losing internet connectivity with SP2
      « Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 07:11:44 PM »
      We need more information to help, like...

How are you connected, wireless, wired, dialup / with a router / cable / type "ipconfig" without the quotes in a DOS window...what shows up.  

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!