Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: power point presentations  (Read 1998 times)

power_point

power point presentations
« on: March 19, 2007, 01:56:57 AM »
How do I copy my power point presentation to a CD-RW? My computer is set for archive only not read only, yet it will not let me copy the presentation to the CD-RW. Thanks for your help! :)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: power point presentations
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 12:17:02 PM »
How are you trying to copy the presentations ? ?

Do you have a burning program ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

usb

Re: power point presentations
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 10:29:49 PM »
If you are running Windows XP, the following directions should get you exactly what you need.  You do not have to have a special burning program for this job because XP is equipped to make this type of file copy very simple.

I like to open two folders on my desktop when copying files to be burned.  First open "My Computer" and navigate to the place where your PowerPoint presentation is stored.  Next, open My Computer again and open the drive where the CDRW is.  With both windows open, click on the one where your presentation is stored so it is the active window.  Click and drag the presentation right over into the other window and drop it there.  It should copy over.  When it has completed the copy, you should see a button on the left hand side of the burner window that says "Write these files to cd".  Click it, and your computer should burn the file and prepare it to be used in any other computer.

Good luck!