Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NO ACTIVE MIXER DEVICE AVAILABLE ERROR  (Read 2644 times)

evonna_21

NO ACTIVE MIXER DEVICE AVAILABLE ERROR
« on: March 22, 2007, 10:10:08 PM »
I INSTALLED SERVICE PACK 2 ON WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION.  I TRIED TO DO SYSTEM RESTORE AFTER SEEING NO ACTIVE MIXER DEVICE AVAILABLE ERROR BUT HAD NO LUCK FIXINIG THE PROBLEM.  WHEN I TRY OPEN VOLUME CONTROL I RECIEVE THE NO ACTIVE MIXER DEVICE AVAILABLE ERROR.  PLUS WINDOWS MEDIA HAS AN ERROR TO.  I LOOKED AT MY SOUND CARD DEVICES AND THEY SAY THEY'RE WORKING PROPERLY.  ALSO, I TRIED TO RESTART WINDOWS AUDIO SERVICE EVEN THOUGH IT WAS ALREADY STARTED.  THEN, I LOOKED AT THE PLUG AND PLAY SOFTWARE DEVICE ENUMERLATOR AND IT SAID IT WAS WORKING PROPERLY.  PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME I'D APPRECIATE IT. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: NO ACTIVE MIXER DEVICE AVAILABLE ERROR
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 10:24:29 PM »
Turn off the caps lock first.

Does this machine have an add on sound card ? ?
If so re-install the drivers that came with the card.

If not the drivers for your onboard sound will be on your MBoard driver CD that should have came with the machine.

If you can't find it or don't have one then DLoad and run Everest Home on that machine. This will tell you what sound device you have and we can help you locate your drivers...

Last but not least double check all your connections for the speakers etc.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Raptor

Re: NO ACTIVE MIXER DEVICE AVAILABLE ERROR
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 03:41:45 AM »
GUESS I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON WITH A BROKEN CAPS LOCK HOW NICE LOL.

EVER NOTICED HOW 'NO ACTIVE MIXER DEVICE' AND 'AVAILABLE ERROR' ARE PLACED DIRECTLY ABOVE THE OTHER? PSYCHEDELIC...!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 03:43:05 AM by Raptor »