Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Big Problem!  (Read 2899 times)

tiredguy

Big Problem!
« on: October 15, 2004, 06:53:03 PM »
hey new here, so thanks for any help!
I have a Dell 8200, I dropped it awhile back,  ;D and he was working on and off, sometimes not finding the hard drive and such, well, I bought a new hard drive, it worked great for awhile. now when I boot up it won't find any of the hard drives, i've tried new drives, everything,  So i'm thinking maybe new mother board?? what do you guys think?  and also the ram I have right now is RD, and seems all new motherboards are DDR? does RD fit in the DDR or do I have to get a RD mother board??  any ideas on anything guys let me know. Thanks

Computer_Commando

Re: Big Problem!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 07:36:26 PM »
hey new here, so thanks for any help!
I have a Dell 8200, ...and also the ram I have right now is RD, and seems all new motherboards are DDR? does RD fit in the DDR or do I have to get a RD mother board??  ...

Inspiron 8200 Notebook or Dimension 8200 Desktop?
If desktop (how did you drop a desktop?), RAM question answered here:
http://www.crucial.com/kb/answer.asp?qid=3531

Maybe motherboard is bad, maybe power supply, could be anything, if you dropped it.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 07:36:42 PM by Computer_Commando »

tiredguy

Re: Big Problem!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 07:39:38 PM »
Dimension 8200
I was walkign out the front door with it on one of my many moves and the door hooked my backpack tripping me.  It worked for like 6 months after just giving me an error saying problems finding hard drive I would hit f1 and it would boot.   It still turns on so I don't think it's power supply,  anyone know if I can get just any mother board to replace it or does it have to be dell?