Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help Ethernet Problems  (Read 1866 times)

mag1c

Help Ethernet Problems
« on: March 26, 2007, 02:51:59 AM »
Hi Peeps,
   I've bought 2 different ethernet cards both Realtek 8139 and installed it on 3 different pci slots on my Gigabyte Gn-700 motherboard and windows xp it recognises it k and the drivers install sweet but it tells me in control panel that its unplugged. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still no joy.

Please help this dumb female in Leeds, Uk

Thanx

uesquebeathus

Intermediate
    Re: Help Ethernet Problems
    « Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 08:37:17 AM »
    Can you please give us some more information as to the maker of the computer and Operating system etc?
    I am sorry but this motherboard is supplied mainly as a Server unit and details of its specification are for business users only, so i cannot help much without the specification.

As I understand you have fitted the card and installed the drivers, after that it should show in the control panel/ network connections/, if you right click over the icon it should show "enable" or "disable",  all you really should do is click on "enable" and that should be it. BUT!
    are there any other network connections in the windows?
    if so click on it and "disable" that other one then the "enable" should be cleared on the one you are trying to start.
    sometimes if you have AOL installed it can make itself the only account connection.
    Please give as much information regarding the Specification and components of your computer and a note about what you were doing when the problem arose and any other relevant thing that you think may help.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Help Ethernet Problems
    « Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 08:48:12 AM »
    It will show up unplugged until it is connected to a router or a modem...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "