Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bios shows floppy drive A & B but PC only sees A  (Read 2276 times)

Brandy

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Experienced
    Bios shows floppy drive A & B but PC only sees A
    « on: March 26, 2007, 09:14:54 PM »
    I have a dual floppy drive in PC with an AOpen  AX4SPE-UN MB,in a PC running Win98SE, it's the only PC I have that still has a 5.25 FD and I want to transfer the floppies to DVD, the Bios allows choosing A and B, but when I reboot after saving the Bios I only see the "A" drive in "My Computer", the drive is working OK, and both drives work, I can fool "B" to work by changing jumpers on the Teac 505 floppy drive but then I lose "A".

Thanks

Brandy

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Bios shows floppy drive A & B but PC only sees A
      « Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 12:13:43 PM »
      It probably sees only the "A" drive because of the twist in the cable.  That twist helps the BIOS see the "A" and the "B" individually.

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
        • Experience: Expert
        Re: Bios shows floppy drive A & B but PC only sees A
        « Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 09:00:21 PM »
        Whether you put the drive before or after the twist, it will always only see one drive.  I don't know of any other way to "see" both drives in Windows unless they are separate drives, one before and one after the twist.

Bummer  :-[

Alan <><  :D
        I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!