Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: xbox to computer?  (Read 3662 times)

diablo416

xbox to computer?
« on: April 08, 2007, 10:20:35 PM »

i have an xbox that stopped working because of the cd drive, im not going to replace it..
but i noticed that xbox is pretty much a pc, with everything built into the board.. i wanted to
take the nvidia and intel chips and put them on a dell dimension board, i dident think it was possible..
but im wondering is it possible to take the entire xbox assembly , minus the cd drive.. link it to the dell from inside by the ide cable and then like it to a dvd drive? .. i already no that the bios isnt the same would that matter? i dont want to use the xbox .. i just want to use its resources .. so could this work?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: xbox to computer?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 11:16:56 PM »

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: xbox to computer?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 06:38:54 AM »
That's just an Xbox 360 still, not a PC made from an Xbox 360.
I doubt that this will work if you want any recent OS, the Xbox has (if I recall correctly) integrated graphics, 32Mb of RAM and an 800(?)MHz Pentium 3 CPU.
The CPU is still fine to run XP and the like, but you would need a lot more RAM.
Good luck anyway, you may find a way to make this work.
I for one doubt it, but I would be the first to say well done if you did manage it somehow.