Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: want to remove home network  (Read 3992 times)

barbwash1954

want to remove home network
« on: March 31, 2007, 08:18:08 PM »
I tried setting up a home network with my desktop and work laptop - both xp.  I changed my mind and decided I shouldn't because I use the laptop to vpn into a client's computer.  I disabled file sharing and did system restore on my desktop and this eliminated the network.  The laptop won't let me do a system restore.  It shows me that the network group will be affected and I tell it ok.  I starts the restore and then says it can't do it because there are no changes.  I have tried 3 different restore points and the same thing happens.  Is there any other way to totally eliminate the network workgroup ?  It shows under Microsoft Windows Network.  Thanks for any help you can give me.  I would really like to get this off before I give it back to the client.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: want to remove home network
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 02:16:19 AM »
It has probably been remembered under C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Nethood (a hidden folder).  You may also need to change the workgroup (e.g. back to the default "MSHOME").  Right-click "My Computer"; choose "Properties"; go to the Computer Name tab.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

phoenix910

Hopeful

Re: want to remove home network
    « Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 04:44:23 AM »
    And delete all network connections from the "My Network Connections" location.