Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trouble with booting  (Read 2125 times)

ShmirlyWhirl

Trouble with booting
« on: April 02, 2007, 07:54:06 PM »
heres the story:

i had just finished installing a program (flash 8 to be exact) and that went off with out a hitch.

so then i start playing a game.

my laptop all of a sudden shuts off. i assume it overheated because it has done this in the past. so i leave it alone to cool down.

i go and try to boot it, and it runs the normal toshiba diagnostic screen. then it goes to the menu where you select what configuration you would like to boot in (start normally, safe mode, ect.) then it goes to the windows os booting screen. after about 5 seconds of that, it flashes a blue screen error message for a second, then reboots, so i cannot read it.

so my friend tells me to enter BIOS, so i do, and he tells me to look for an option that disables auto-reboot. i cant find it.

so if someone could tell me where this option is, or another means of which to solve the problem, that would be great.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Trouble with booting
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 03:26:24 AM »
"i had just finished installing a program (flash 8 to be exact) and that went off with out a hitch."

What happened when you uninstalled flash8?
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.