Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't get into BIOS (No signal on monitor). Any help appreciated  (Read 2396 times)

u778877

I am building a new system, I think I got every thing covered (obviously I missed something but don't know what); put everything in place, hook up every cable correctly, but when I turn on the system, there is no reaction on the monitor (Monitor is on and cable is securely in place). I know the system suppose to go into BIOS even though I have not yet install OS, but apparently there is no signal go into my monitor, it just keep telling me to check signal cable.

-I am pretty sure the parts I bought are compatible for this motherboard (Asus P5B)
-I am pretty sure I install CPU and cooling fan correctly. And the CPU fan is going when I turn on the system.
-Motherboard LED is on, so that means the motherboard power is on.
-Video card: I am sure it is secure in place and the fan on video card is going, so I am sure card is functional

Please help me as what trouble shooting steps I can do to find the problem, any help is appreciated.

System info:
-Motherboard: Asus P5B
-Video card: EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS (PCI-E)
-Memory: Patriot 2GB DDR2 PC2-6400  800 MHz (1GB x 2)
-OS: XP SP2 (haven't install yet because I can't get into bios)
-DVD rom is up and ready
-HD is ready too (new HD with nothing on it)

Thank you very much

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Can't get into BIOS (No signal on monitor). Any help appreciated
    « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 08:28:20 AM »
    Strip the system of everything but the motherboard / video / RAM.  Boot the system.  Do you POST?  If so, start adding one component at a time, starting with the keyboard, mouse, etc., until the system fails.  Usually the last component installed is the culprit...though not always.

Alan <><   :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!