Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hard Driver (Disc)  (Read 2023 times)

jblum19

Hard Driver (Disc)
« on: April 01, 2007, 05:28:17 PM »
My computer power supply burntout, I installed another one and it also burnt out. I removed the hard driver to install in a Dell computer that was missing its hard driver to try to recover the info on the drive. I cannot get passed the setup screen. Any suggestions?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Hard Driver (Disc)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 11:38:55 AM »
It will never boot in another machine unless they are practically identical...

Hook it up as a slave drive in a working desktop with a burner and you should be able to retrieve your data...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 06:17:05 AM »
Is the hard drive the only one in the machine? If not, then make sure the jumpers are set correctly. More info is required.

jblum19

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 05:40:50 PM »
The hard drive from the second computer was previously removed, I removed my hard drive from my computer, changed the jumpers to MA, and I cannot get it to work. Does the fact that the second computer is a Dell fiqure into this?

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 04:19:26 AM »
It depends on what model, which you did not specify. Some older models like to be jumpered as CS. How was the original drive jumpered? Is the drive seen correctly in the BIOS?