Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC CRASHES DAILY  (Read 2409 times)

Stormygal5157

PC CRASHES DAILY
« on: April 03, 2007, 05:09:08 AM »
Hi There!

???  I hope someone can HELP!  My PC crashes almost daily, and I have to use my restore disk to get it going again.  Then the frustration of having to reinstall my programs, only to have it crash again.  I cannot keep my LexMark X3470 printer going either,  as about a half hour after installing it, the PC crashes again!  Can ANYONE tell me what is causing this, and what I can do to fix it?  I am running Windows 98SE.

Thank you so much!
Linda

trochia

Re: PC CRASHES DAILY
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 05:55:03 AM »
1) We know it's Win98se...but that's it.

2) What's the rest of the system? How much memory?...What's running in the Start-Up ?

3) Run task monitor (resource monitor) , check memory usage..watch it deplete resources

4) Is it a new addition ( the printer )

5) Check for driver updates for it, if you're using the original ones...if there is ( maybe a full set up routine ), remove it from both your hardware (device manager) and software(add-remove program)

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: PC CRASHES DAILY
    « Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 09:37:06 AM »
    Need...more...info...gasp  :P

Antivirus & antispyware protection / service packs installed / when did it start happening / did it ever work right / installed any new software?

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!