Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Burning slow  (Read 2076 times)

mav41

Burning slow
« on: April 03, 2007, 01:07:56 PM »
I've had my computer for less than a year, everything works fine. the only problem is it takes longer to read and burn a disc, it has no problems recognizing a disc,it just takes a long time to read it and burn it. Another thing is, when playing music from a cd the music sounds kind of slow and crackly, it sounds as if the disc was dirty, but i already tried a lens cleaner.The problem came about when i was playing a mixed cd i have and i guess the disc was dirty or damaged and the player froze so i closed it, then i tried a different cd and that's when it started.The player works(windows media player) and I have no problem playing music that's saved on computer.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Burning slow
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 01:10:06 PM »
System specs ? ?
OS ? ?
Burning program ? ?

There's a lot of variables it can be the more info we have the better the solution...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

mav41

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 01:43:58 PM »
HP,250Gb hard drive. DVD+RW Lightscribe Double Layer 16x Drive. Windows XP.   Sonic burning program,   and DVD Decrypter For movies. 

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 03:07:47 AM »
What are the rest of the specs of the HP?
Or make and model if you don't know the specs.
And what version of XP, Home or Pro?
And what service pack?
What happened before this started?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 08:02:01 AM »
The problem came about when i was playing a mixed cd i have and i guess the disc was dirty or damaged and the player froze so i closed it, then i tried a different cd and that's when it started.
I'm not quite sure what you mean above, but I have the feeling you may now have a damaged drive.  Replacement may be the only solution.