Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: p ease can some body help me  (Read 2530 times)

cleo

p ease can some body help me
« on: April 04, 2007, 09:59:19 PM »
hello my name is Cleo,

And i own a  i have a toshiba satalite 1410/2410 laptop
and am praying some body will help me as i know little about computers
mechanicals and am really F%^$%&ED without it Please help me :)

And my problem is as follows:

recently i had to reset it back to the manafacturers cd that i got with the laptop,
as it was behaving oddly, It would boot up but then it would go to the blue screen where it states
your computer needs blah,blah,blah we recomend you dont skip the process etc, 10 second countdown.
but then i would take ages b4 it reached the 100% checked part & then it would say something like erm.? fixing section
 whatever but it would then no go any further on than that.
now usuallyit would have gone to the black windows screen then the welcome screen then i could use it no problem , Anyway
as the pros out wayed the cons i decided to run my factory disc which i did & everything was ok there it said congratulations you have re installed the dic ok etc. but now it has fixed the problem with the blue screen and when it reaches the black screen
where it setting up windowshome edition it says please wait...... etc and then after a while i get a pop up saying
"The system is not fully installed please run the set up again ????

I can no longer get passed this point , i run the factory dic again but still the same its crazy PLEASE SOMEONE HELP..
i can get to the part where you can run safe mode from etc but even that does not help me :(:(:( i am lost as what to do now
so any help would be greatly appreciated as i use it constantly , well each day anyhow and im lost without it thankkkks in advance

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: p ease can some body help me
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 03:31:31 AM »
A few capital letters, less smileys and a little more punctuation would be helpful.
Also, no need to double post, I found your other post in the programming section.

Do you only have the manufacturer's restore CD?
A real Windows CD would be helpful here.
As I see it, the situation is that your laptop was behaving very strangely, so you used the restore CD that came with it to restore it to factory conditions.
But now the laptop will not boot correctly, and asks you to run the restore CD again, which you have done.
I recommend you try it again, and double check the steps you take during the procedure.
The manual will probably have information on how to do this correctly, it sounds as if you cancelled the install or something went wrong during it.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 03:35:25 AM »
And before you do much more consider the implications of losing all your data files.   Is your backup up-to-date or should you be looking at file recovery before proceeding much further ???
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 03:37:18 AM »
I think it may be a little late for that if they have already run the recovery disk.
It's worth considering though, that's a good point.