Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No display  (Read 2332 times)

celt

No display
« on: April 11, 2007, 08:50:48 AM »
Hi. Today i got home around 2pm and turned on my computer. Everything was fine, i even watch the movie Ocean's Twelve. After the movie was done, i was about to go eat. Then i noticed a update from microsoft. I clicked the yellow tag and it told me to install 5 new things. I just clicked install, like i have done to every other installs from microsoft. When it was done, it told me to restart my computer as always, so i clicked restart. I waited until it turned off, then it should turn on again. The comp started just fine, but no signal on my screen. Nothing. I even took out all cables and everything, even took out my gfx card and mounted it back. No use. I've had this comp for almost a year, no problems. The only thing i could think of, is that i just started overclocking my gfx card this week. It's an ATI Radeon X1300 512MB PCI-E. You think that may have caused it? Quite an coinsidence that i just started overclocking my gfx card, then boom, no signal on my screen just a few days after. Also an coinsidence, i installed a new security update from microsoft, pressed restart comp, boom no signal. I'm asking you all to help me please. I'll type in my computer specs down here.

Computer: Fujitsu Siemens
Intel Pentium 4 2.93GHz (2 cpu's)
Motherboard: Gigabyte A-8I195-PM (if i remember correctly)
RAM:1.5 GB
Gfx card: ATI Radeon x1300 512MB PCI-E (overclocked from 400Mhz to 577Mhz with ATI tool. Memory overclocked from 350 to 450 i think.)
Screen: Sony SDM 19" LCD Screen 8m/s

With this long post i made, i hope for an reply and if you want me to find out more things that might help you find out the problem, just ask and i will do my best.

Sincerely, Jan.

*Update: So,ummm..it looks like none of my USB ports works. When i put in something, it just blinks once, then nothing.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 09:20:37 AM by celt »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: No display
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 08:55:57 AM »
What happens if you boot into safemode by tapping F8 repeatedly as the machine is starting ? ?

Any video at all ? ?

If so re-boot again into safemode and choose "Last known good configuration" and re-boot normally....

If this gets you back into Windows do yourself a favor and reset that card back to it's original settings...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

celt

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 08:59:18 AM »
The problem is that my screen is black, so how can i go into safemode and navigate in there? :)

EDIT: My keyboard doesnt work either, so i cant press f8 at all.

EDIT2: Seems like no of my USB exits works either. :/

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 11:21:05 AM »
If you have no display at all your only choice would be to power down, remove all power sources to the case and physically remove that vid card.
Hook up the monitor to the onboard graphics and go from there....

The reason you have no keyboard or USB devices is because Windows isn't loading properly and it needs to for the USB drivers.

Another reason everyone should own a PS2 mouse and keyboard.

After you re-boot you will probably have to uninstall the vid card drivers and start over...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 11:32:40 AM »
The only thing i could think of, is that i just started overclocking my gfx card this week. It's an ATI Radeon X1300 512MB PCI-E. You think that may have caused it? Quite a coinsidence that i just started overclocking my gfx card, then boom, no signal on my screen just a few days after. Also an coinsidence, i installed a new security update from microsoft, pressed restart comp, boom no signal.

Why does this seem a conincidence? I prefer theories of cause and effect personally.  ;)

celt

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 01:09:28 PM »
There is no way to connect the monitor to the onboard graphics when there a no exits for the cable except on the gfx card. I will try to get a hold of an ps2 keyboard and mouse, maybe i'll manage to get into safemode? I'll report here if something comes up.