Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can not get comp. working, can you figure it out?  (Read 2548 times)

bluewolf0595

Can not get comp. working, can you figure it out?
« on: April 04, 2007, 02:41:01 PM »
Ok, so here it goes. I have two systems that I have built. For whatever reason the older one went down. My gf needed info off of it for school, so I hooked it up to the new system in an attempt to recover it. I have the same copy of Windows xp pro installed on both hdd's. So I booted up the system with both hdd's attached, windows loaded fine, but with the user rights set, I was unable to recover the info. I attempted to boot xp off of the other hdd from the old system but to no avail. That was the set up for the problem. The problem now lies in the fact that xp is now corrupted on the new system's hdd, it will not let me repair it, re-install it, and continues to reboot itself as xp seems to be crashing as the load screen comes up. I've flashed the bios, I rma'd the new sys. hdd and have tried the new hdd WD sent me, it will not let me install windows on that either. I get the blue screen after it loads all of the support files and a random error message. At this point I'm ready to just rma the whole system to start fresh, but before I do that, I wanted to see if there is anyone out there who know's how to fix this without doing that. Everything I've read so far points that I need to rma the motherboard so epox can reconfigure it anew. What say you to this problem?

bluewolf0595

Re: Can not get comp. working, can you figure it out?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 02:55:52 PM »
Forgot to add, I'm running as follows
xp pro sp2
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2
EPoX EP-AF590SLI2 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
EVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO Video Card
XCLIO GOODPOWER 500W ATX12V 500W Power Supply
2 SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write, LightScribe Technology Black IDE Model SH-S182M/BEBE
2 A-DATA 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory Model ADQPE1A16
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

SilentAssasin64

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 03:46:17 PM »
Since it won't let you repair the installation have you tried a format and reinstall?  If so and it hasn't worked you might need to grab a copy of, I think it's Partion Magic or something like that to delete the partition (can some one verify that please?).  After the partition is deleted you can then continue to reinstall Windows again.
Back In The Game

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 05:37:11 PM »
Windows can delete ALL partitions during an install. No other software is needed. The bigger issue is one legal copy of XP per machine.  ;)

bluewolf0595

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 09:18:29 AM »
I understand needing more than one copy of xp, but I've flashed the bios, and have tried to install xp on the new hdd, but the comp. just restarts itself either while loading the xp files or right after it is done loading the files and says it is starting the windows install. So, will attempting to install a different copy of windows most likely work, or does the mb need rma'ing. Any other thoughts?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 09:41:55 AM »
I understand needing more than one copy of xp, but I've flashed the bios, and have tried to install xp on the new hdd, but the comp. just restarts itself either while loading the xp files or right after it is done loading the files and says it is starting the windows install. So, will attempting to install a different copy of windows most likely work, or does the mb need rma'ing. Any other thoughts?
So, did you let it finish?  If not, why?  The whole installation process could take 30 - 45 minutes or longer.

bluewolf0595

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 12:11:25 PM »
Of course I let it try and finish, that is the problem, the comp. restarts itself before it even begins to finish. I've already stated that. I attempt to install xp, it manages to load the setup files, it then states windows is loading, then promptly restarts itself without accomplishing anything. I feel that it may be something to do with the motherboard, but am of course not positive on that conclusion. Quick question, did you even read my whole post? Because your question in response to my issue was pointless in asking. You may want to try reading the whole thing before you ask such a retarded question.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 12:27:30 PM »
I'm sure your response to a senior member will no doubt elicit further responses in a hurry...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "