Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PHP directory copy on a windows machine  (Read 3993 times)

Mindwr@ck

Topic Starter

Rookie
    PHP directory copy on a windows machine
    « on: April 12, 2007, 04:14:46 PM »
    I have a PHP page that when data is submitted it also creates a directory named with some of the values passed, it also does a copy of a directory into the newly created directory.  Everything works perfectly, except (lol there is always an except) during the copy process the DOS box pops up.  I am wanting to run the command silently and can not find the answer anywhere.  Here is what the PHP command looks like:

Code: [Select]
    exec('xcopy c:\\Intranet\\www\\reports6\\copy c:\\Intranet\\www\\reports6\\Client_Files\\ASR'.$id.'-'.$jobid.'\\pictures /e/i ');

As you can see I am using xcopy to move the files on the local machine (windows based).  Any suggestions here on how to make it happen silently or on a better way to do this.  I have researched many ways to do this and most of them are very long and bloated for the simple process I need.

Thanks
    Mindwr@ck

Mindwr@ck

Topic Starter

Rookie
      Re: PHP directory copy on a windows machine
      « Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 06:05:35 AM »
      No answers.. hmmm.. ok maybe I should approach this in a different manor, does anyone know of a way to use php to copy a complete directory, place and name it based on values passed on the server silently so the users are not aware it is happening?
      Mindwr@ck