Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I raised CPU usage to max in setup -boots but doesn't come up  (Read 2295 times)

Callum

Today I went into setup when my computer was starting up, and went to the CPU usage thing. It said that the minimum was 100 and the max was 132. It was at 100, so I typed in 132 and pressed enter. (I know it was stupid :( ) Then I saved changes and pressed exit. Then the screen turned off. I pressed the restart button, and the computer makes all the noises and such, but no image comes up on screen. It has nothing to do with the cable not being plugged in because it you unplug it, is says "Check video cable"

Is there anyway of entering setup and changing it back, maybe even doing it through a network? PLEASE HELP!!!!

majinbuu

Re: I raised CPU usage to max in setup -boots but doesn't come up
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 07:34:28 PM »
NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER do anything without thinking about it first.

It is interesting that your computer is doing this. First, Disconnect all of the computer cables and reconnect them. If it doesn't work, reset the BIOS jumper (you would have to open up your computer and read your manual to do this)

Hopefully, this should fix the prob.

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: I raised CPU usage to max in setup -boots but doesn't come up
    « Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 07:33:23 AM »
    The worse case scenorio is you have fried your CPU and will need to by a new processor. Never change settings unless you are aware of the risks.