Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Random weird problem  (Read 2105 times)

AussiePaul

Random weird problem
« on: April 07, 2007, 06:17:29 PM »
Some sites aren't working for me today, it comes up with the 'page cannot be displayed' error message. I have just worked out there seems to be a common theme with what sites aren't working and that theme is the word boards. No proboards or freepowerboards sites are working. I have a forum on each so it's frustrating. msn is working fine, hotmail is working fine, obviously this site is working fine, other sites are working fine but not proboards or freepowerboards forums. Not even the support sites of both of them. Just did a System Restore and put my pc back to how it was yesterday in case anything had happened but that hasn't worked, still the same.  ???

Anyone know why this could be happening? Has my pc blocked sites with the word boards or something?

Any help or advice or anything greatly appreciated.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Random weird problem
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 08:55:02 AM »
Are you running a firewall program on that machine ? ?
If so check the permissions and or turn it off temporarily to see if it is the problem
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 07:06:20 PM »
    Are the boards powered by a common board format? They could just be temporarily down. The sites work for me now though. Are they back up? They work for me. To test your theory visit http://iboard.co.uk/ which is completely unrelated to forums.

AussiePaul

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 12:36:23 AM »
    Thanks for the replies guys, yeah they're fine now, apparently there was an internet problem with most of Australia last Sunday with most ISPs, the boards part was just a co-incidence.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 02:02:24 AM »
    Good to hear you are back to normal...stop by anytime.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "