Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 32-bit drivers + OS on Celeron D  (Read 2348 times)

alexfue12

32-bit drivers + OS on Celeron D
« on: April 12, 2007, 06:59:33 AM »
I recently just got a motherboard and Celeron D 356 3.33GHz, but since i don't have a fan yet, i still have time to ask one question before installing.

If you don't know, the Celeron D in question does support 64-bit, but alas i only have the regular xp pro. One thing I'm worried about is my drivers. Some components already have 64-bit drivers available, but some do not. Would they still work even though i have a 64-bit cpu?

GX1_Man

Re: 32-bit drivers + OS on Celeron D
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 07:03:55 AM »
If you have 32 bit XP the problem is already solved. Use the drivers for THAT O/S.  The processor is irrelevant.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 07:49:15 AM »
Before You Begin
Before you install Windows XP 64-Bit Edition, read this section to ensure that your equipment meets the minimum requirements and that you have the information you will need during Setup.

Hardware Requirements
Before you install Windows XP, make sure your computer meets the following minimum hardware requirements:
733 megahertz (MHz) Intel Itanium-based microprocessor1 gigabyte (GB) of RAM (minimum)6 gigabytes (GB) of free hard disk space (minimum) for SetupVGA monitor or betterKeyboardMouse or compatible pointing deviceCD-ROM drive
For network installation:

Windows XP-compatible network adapter card and related cableAccess to the network share that contains the Setup files

If you are going to run this on a Celeron processor you might have a dissappointing experience....

But if you want to continue with this experiment there is a way to DLoad/or order a trial version from the Mothership...it is not the full blown version however and eventually times out.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/facts/trial.mspx

Best of Luck finding drivers for your gear...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

alexfue12

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 08:14:42 AM »
wow, that sure was fast...

That's a good thing. i thought i'd have to buy even more stuff. thanks for the quick reply! :)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 10:21:27 AM »
You're Welcome...stop by anytime.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "