Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Embarrassing . . . can't get Photoshop text to work . . . .  (Read 2215 times)

K2

Embarrassing . . . can't get Photoshop text to work . . . .
« on: April 12, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »
My text tool for CS2 has gone on strike.  When I click where i want to put text, the cursor turns into a small solid dark box.  I type but no text appears EXCEPT it renames the layer with whatever I am typing.  Layer is on top and not locked.  It must be somewhere set in my preferences because it only does this on my home version; not when I'm using CS2 somewhere else.  Please help!

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Embarrassing . . . can't get Photoshop text to work . . . .
    « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 09:44:19 PM »
    Have you checked Photoshops website for a solution?

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

phoenix910

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 01:22:33 AM »
      This wouldn't happen to be slightly rectangular, and at the start and bottom of where the text would be would it? Because if so, that happens every time you try and start to type the text in CS. It's a way of showing you where your text starts. I had a look through CS and couldn't get any other sort of black box to appear, so as far as I can tell, it would either be a program glitch (in which case I would re-install, that doesn't take too long anyway), or you cannot see the text because the text colour is White against white background, black against black background, etc.

K2

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 08:01:58 AM »
      It's not the regular "text-starts-here" box . . . just a little solid square, no blinking cursor or anything else.  I checked the color also . . . tried different colored text and backgrounds . . . nada.  I think you're right that it's a glitch . . . . gonna keep tweaking, though, before I reinstall.  Thanks for taking a look.

phoenix910

Hopeful

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 08:13:10 AM »
        No problems. If you need any further help though, with this or any other photoshop problem (whether technical or general) gimme a hollar, otherwise good luck.