Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP COD MESSES UP  (Read 5896 times)

Moridge

PLEASE HELP COD MESSES UP
« on: October 18, 2004, 09:12:36 PM »
Ok everytime I update my ATI Driver by installing the new version for my Catalyst driver, I can't play my multiplayer games like Call of Duty for instance, The graphics are fine and everything but I don't know its everytime I update my Catalyst driver is what messes up my internet gaming...I connect to a server on CoDMP and my internet loses its connection and then I have to restart my computer again for it to come back up...What's going on? Please help....

Raptor

Re: PLEASE HELP COD MESSES UP
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 11:13:43 PM »
The latest ATI drivers have worked fine for me when playing CoD.

Scan for viruses, trojans and spyware.

Remove all files related to the driver (Registry, redundant files, etc) using a program such as Driver Cleaner and then reinstall proper drivers.

Be certain that you have the correct drivers for your videocard.

Moridge

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 07:27:08 AM »
The only thing that doesn't work is my internet when I play Call of Duty or any type of game that uses up my graphics card.....and it only happens when I install catalyst drivers.....But I'll try what you said and if it still doesn't work then I'm screwed  >:( But thanks :-*

Moridge

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 07:44:47 AM »
Ok things have just gotten worse..........I cleaned my driver and now I can't even open Call of Duty or any other game because it says "Could not load OpenGL. Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your video card from the manufacturer's web" Isn't that just ironic? ??? :'(

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 07:57:54 AM »
Did you do as the program told you...

Moridge

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 09:13:42 PM »
If you mean update the drivers...Yeah...I installed the Catalyst latest driver like it said and it'll let me play games with high graphics but it won't let me play them on the internet... :-/

OH you must mean the Driver Cleaner?..It just had options and stuff I just cleaned everything...Idk what to do exactly... ???
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 09:15:01 PM by Moridge »

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 10:34:57 AM »
That's why people write manuals.

Moridge

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004, 07:58:22 AM »
Manual to what...Can you PLEASE be a little more specific because you're not helping

Raptor

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 08:59:03 AM »
The manual that came with Driver Cleaner. I know there is a help file because I have used it myself without problems.

Idk what to do exactly.

That's why people write manuals. To let other people know what to do. Exactly.

What ATI card does this concern?