Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Citrix causing problems with Outlook .... need to know how to resolve  (Read 2529 times)

Ren

Can anyone help?
I have a strange issue that I do not know how to resolve.
I loaded Citrix on my PC to log into work from home.
But it appears to have conflicted with Outlook. Let me give you the scenarios under which it does and does not work.

I use an XP machine with MS Office Outlook 2003.
I am currently using 3 user accounts on the machine.

After I log on initially or restart the PC my outlook account works fine and as it should. Even if I log out of outlook and back in without logging off my user profile i can send and receive mails without problems.

If I log off my profile and into another persons profile on my machine then open outlook, I cannot send/receive on the machine and receive an error that relates to not being able to identify the server and to contact the ISP. I already know the server there is fine! The simple test was restarting the PC and logging back into the second profile and then outlook works as above.

so the problem appears to occur whenever I log off the initial user account. I have done the system restore (to factory restore) and reloaded everything (initially without Citrix to test if system works fine). To my dismay it does not! Still the same problem. Subsequently have loaded citrix back on.

Can anyone help?

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
    Re: Citrix causing problems with Outlook .... need to know how to resolve
    « Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 11:10:01 AM »
    when did this start happening

did it work fine before installing critix?

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Citrix causing problems with Outlook .... need to know how to resolve
    « Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 11:32:57 AM »
    I have done the system restore (to factory restore) and reloaded everything (initially without Citrix to test if system works fine). To my dismay it does not! Still the same problem. Subsequently have loaded citrix back on.

Can you laborate?  You formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows.  Is the right?  And then, you re-created the three user accounts?  And, Outlook behaved the same way?